RedZone Software is actively seeking a competent and motivated individual to join our team as a DevOps engineer for the summer of 2015.
This role requires an analytical and well-organized person to assist with the development of our monitoring, CI/CD and configuration automation systems. The successful candidate will become a participant in real-time disaster monitoring, collaborative mapping and advanced statistical analysis of wildfire activity.
Your work will contribute to public safety awareness, improve emergency response and ultimately save lives and property. This is a job that makes a difference. We are looking for intelligence, initiative and dedication. In return, we can offer a supportive environment, a flexible schedule, a wide range of technical opportunities and chance to be a part of something special.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities<
- Daily system administration, monitoring, and tuning of network across multiple offices, colocations and Amazon AWS.
- Automate processes using Puppet from dev environments through to production
- Build automated continuous delivery infrastructure using open source tools
- Develop technical documentation for IT processes and standards
- Experience in Linux/CentOS systems administration
- Current enrollment or recent graduation in university program in IT-related field
- Excellent communication skills, able to work well with a smart, passionate and growing team
- Comfortable working in a dynamic startup environment
- Experience deploying and managing open source tools (CentOS, Nagios, Syslog etc.)
- Experience in Amazon AWS or similar
- Working knowledge of VMware ESX environment or related virtualization platforms
- Experience with Active Directory / LDAP
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems and to take initiative to find solutions
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
This is a part-time position with flexible hours. Compensation will be based on your work history and skillset.
RedZone Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Application
Please email your resume, cover letter and anything that might help us get to know you to email@example.com with the subject line “DevOps”. Calls and faxes will not be accepted. We will contact you via email or phone to schedule an interview.
RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies.