RedZone Software is actively seeking an innovative software developer to join our team in Boulder, Colorado. A successful candidate will help create and maintain solutions as part of RedZone’s real-time geospatial monitoring system for identifying, tracking, and managing natural disasters.
Your work will contribute to public safety, improve emergency response and ultimately save lives and property. We are looking for intelligence, initiative and dedication. In return, we can offer a supportive environment, a flexible schedule, a wide range of technical opportunities and chance to be a part of something special.Top reasons to work for RedZone:
- Culture - You will be joining a small group of dedicated software developers who strive to write lean code for rapid deployment. You’ll own your own projects, innovate on tools and processes, and learn new skills, all while contributing significantly to product design and the company’s growth as a whole. We also eat lunch together weekly, and of course happy hour starts by the foosball table at 4:00 on Friday.
- Our work matters – RedZone’s products provide real-time exposure analysis to people and organizations that may be threatened by natural disasters. Whether wildfire, hurricane, earthquake or tornado, when we do our job, we can help prevent—or least minimize—potentially devastating losses suffered by families and businesses. ,/li>
- Accommodating schedule and environment - RedZone strives for a healthy, productive balance between work and personal life. We measure success by how much we’re able to help our clients, not by time spent at our desks. Employees receive generous allotment for vacation and personal time, and we regularly take part in group outings like Rockies games and Bike to Work Day.
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of RedZone's complex, real-time geospatial applications
- Participate with colleagues in collaborative design and implementation strategies
- Develop compatible component modules which exhibit robust, atomic and fault-tolerant capabilities
- Take ownership of one or more application or technology areas
- Technical documentation
- 2+ years of experience in Java or other comparable OO language
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable technical training
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Comfortable working within a small, interactive team of developers
- Excellent communication, reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Object-oriented design principles
- REST and SOAP web services architectures
- PostgreSQL/PostGIS administration
- Linux deployment and scripting
- Applied mathematics
This is a full-time position with benefits including health, PTO and 401k. Salary is commensurate with experience.
RedZone Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates must be able to work from our Boulder officeApplication
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Software Engineer". Calls and faxes will not be accepted. Suitable candidates will be contacted via email or phone to schedule an interview.
RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies.