RedZone Disaster Intelligence LLC is a developer & provider of disaster response software and services for the public safety and risk mitigation markets. The company is based in Boulder, CO with emergency operations coordinated from its San Diego, CA office.
Under supervision of the RedZone Operations Manager the Intelligence Analyst will:
- Gather intelligence associated with active wildfires, floods, hurricanes and other disasters occurring nationwide.
- Perform threat analysis and produce reports, succinctly detailing current and possible future impacts of these incidents.
- Create incident maps using ESRI ArcMap and other GIS tools.
- Produce daily reports detailing nationwide wildland fire activity.
- Assist in other forms of data management, intelligence gathering, and statistical analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree is required for consideration of employment.
- Ideal applicants will have 2+ years’ experience working with intelligence in an emergency management related field (military, fire, EMS, and/or law enforcement), and possess I-100, I-200, and IS-700 certifications (or similar qualifications). This is a technically focused position and advanced computer skills are required. The analyst shall have the ability to manipulate data sets relating to Geographic/Geospatial Information Systems. Knowledge of wildland fire behavior and suppression/mitigation tactics are highly desirable. Applicants must be willing and able to acquire new skills quickly. The position requires the ability to multi-task, work independently, and work with others for long hours, frequently transitioning between project work and dispatching resources during emergency response.
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt), position. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, health insurance, and 401k. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A bonus pay structure is provided for on-call duties.
Intelligence Analysts may be required to work irregular hours and more than 40 hours per week without additional compensation as this position is exempt. The position requires open availability during wildfire season (approximately May-November), rotating weekend and on-call shifts, and may require travel upon short notice. Analysts will attend additional training as required and may professionally represent RedZone at seminars or conventions. All applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and drug screen, and possess a clean driving record.
If you are interested in becoming a RedZone team member submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include documentation of any qualifications/training and relevant emergency management experience.