RedZone Software seeks a competent and motivated individual to join our team as a Platform Software Engineer. This is an opportunity to develop, build, and manage systems for monitoring and deploying software that enables real-time global disaster monitoring.
This role requires a technically competent, well-organized person who can work closely with our development team.
This job makes a difference. For the past decade, our work at RedZone has continuously contributed to public safety awareness and improved emergency response, and has ultimately saved lives and property. In return for your intelligence, initiative and dedication, we offer a supportive environment, a flexible schedule, a wide range of technical opportunities, and chance to be a central contributor to a unique business.
– Serve as a hands-on engineer with a thorough understanding of the SDLC
– Build, manage, and monitor AWS cloud infrastructure
– Manage system and software deployments
– Design and implement load testing
– Conduct and oversee QA/QC
– BS or MS in computer science or related field
– 2+ years experience consistent with the Responsibilities listed above
– Experience with Amazon AWS
– Excellent communication skills; ability to work well with a smart, passionate team
– Experience with Puppet, Chef or other continuous delivery applications
– Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems, and to develop and implement elegant solutions
– Ability to quickly learn new technologies
– Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
– Strong attention to detail and accuracy
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits that include health, PTO, paid vacation and 401K. Compensation is negotiable and will be based on education and experience. RedZone is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies.
Please email your resume, cover letter and portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Platform Software Engineer”. Calls and faxes will not be accepted. We will contact you via email or phone to schedule an interview.