Senior Software Engineer (Boulder, CO)
RedZone Software is actively seeking a competent and motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Software Engineer. This is an opportunity to be hands-on in the development of web-based tools which enable real-time disaster monitoring, collaborative mapping and advanced statistical analysis of wildfire activity. This role requires a technically competent and well-organized person who can work closely with our other developers and analysts to develop, test, deploy and maintain RedZone’s web applications.
This is a job that makes a difference. For the past decade, our work at RedZone has continually contributed to public safety awareness, improved emergency response, and ultimately saved lives and property. We are looking for intelligence, initiative and dedication. In return, we can offer a supportive environment, a flexible schedule, a wide range of technical opportunities and the chance to be a part of something special.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong commitment to RedZone’s Core Values:
- Be An Instinctive Technologist
- Be Absolutely Reliable
- Have a Can-Do Attitude
- Serve the Greater Good
- Love Process
- Seek Continuous Improvement
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and lead the development of APIs and front end UI components for our suite of geospatial solutions
- Work with the senior management team to strategize product direction and contribute to core stack decisions
- Work with a small agile software development team to implement features which have an immediate impact on our customers’ experience
- Promote smart best practices among junior developers
- BS or MS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Experience with two or more of the following technologies: Linux, AWS/Lambdas, React, Node.js, Java, and Python
- Source code control using GIT
- Experience writing SQL
- Excellent communication skills, able to work well with a smart, passionate and growing team
- Comfortable working in a dynamic business environment
- Familiarity with PostGIS or other geospatial technologies
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems to successful resolution and to take initiative to find solutions
- Experience with Amazon AWS administration
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
This is a full-time position with benefits including health, bonus, PTO and 401k. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
RedZone Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies. Candidates must be able to work from our Boulder office.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Calls will not be accepted. Suitable candidates will be contacted via email or phone to schedule an interview.