Senior Software Engineer (Python)
RedZone Software is actively seeking a motivated, proactive individual to join our team as a Senior Software Engineer. This is an opportunity to be hands-on in the development of web-based tools which enable real-time disaster monitoring, collaborative mapping, and advanced statistical analysis of wildfire activity. This role requires a technically-competent and well-organized person who can work closely with our existing developers and analysts to develop, test, deploy, and maintain RedZone’s web applications.
This is a job that makes a difference. For the past decade, our work at RedZone has continually contributed to public safety awareness, improved emergency response, and ultimately saved lives and property. If intelligence, initiative, and dedication are instinctive, we encourage you to apply. In return, we can offer a supportive environment, a flexible schedule, a wide range of technical opportunities, and the opportunity to be a part of something special.
- Lead a small, agile software development team to implement features
which have an immediate impact on our customers’ experience
- Collaborate with the senior management to strategize product direction
and contribute to core stack decisions
- Design and lead the development of APIs and algorithms for our suite of
- Guide and promote smart, best practices among junior developers
- BS or MS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Experience with Python
- Source code control using GIT
- Experience writing SQL
- Excellent communication skills, able to work well with an astute, passionate, and growing team
- Comfortable working in a dynamic business environment
- Experience with the following technologies: AWS Lambdas, Apollo
GraphQL, and Node.js
- Familiarity with PostGIS or other geospatial technologies
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems to successful resolution
and to take initiative to find solutions
- Experience with Amazon AWS administration
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits including health, PTO, paid vacation, and 401K. Compensation is negotiable and will be based on education and experience. RedZone Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies. The salary range for this role is $120,000 – $150,000 /year, plus bonus potential.
- Instinctive Technologist
- Absolutely Reliable
- Can-Do Attitude
- Love Process
- Serve the Greater Good
- Continuous Improvement
RedZone allows underwriters and insurers to take smarter risks by analyzing up-to-date disaster intelligence data and alerting clients of the potential wildfire threat that a property or portfolio may face. RedZone has saved clients millions of dollars by reducing property loss claims whilst protecting the most valuable asset of all, their customers. RedZone’s Alert Dashboard pushes real-time alerts to insurers and brokers as soon as a wildfire, hurricane, or earthquake threatens one of their customers.
RedZone offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment for professionals with ample opportunities to grow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including 100% paid health insurance for employees, 401k plan, PTO, and most importantly, an amazing team of people to work with.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email their resume, cover letter, and portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Software Engineer (Python)”. Calls, faxes, and messages by carrier pigeon will not be accepted. We will contact you via email or phone to schedule an interview.