Software Engineer (API/Backend)
RedZone Software is actively seeking a competent and motivated individual to join our team as a Software Engineer focusing on developing our backend API and infrastructure. This is an opportunity to be hands-on in the development of web-based tools which enable real-time disaster monitoring, collaborative mapping and advanced statistical analysis of wildfire activity. This role requires a technically competent and well-organized person who can work closely with our other developers and analysts to develop, test, deploy and maintain RedZone’s web applications.
This is a job that makes a difference. For the past decade, our work at RedZone has continually contributed to public safety awareness, improved emergency response, and ultimately saved lives and property. We are looking for intelligence, initiative and dedication. In return, we can offer a supportive environment, a flexible schedule, a wide range of technical opportunities and chance to be a part of something special.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong commitment to RedZone’s Core Values:
- Be An Instinctive Technologist
- Be Absolutely Reliable
- Have a Can-Do Attitude
- Serve the Greater Good
- Love Process
- Seek Continuous Improvement
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop APIs and other applications for our suite of geospatial solutions
- Work with the senior management team to strategize product direction and contribute to core stack decisions
- Work with a small agile software development team to implement features which have an immediate impact on our customers’ experience
- Promote smart best practices among junior developers
- BS or MS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Experience with Amazon AWS technologies including Lambdas and Docker
- Source code control using GIT
- Excellent communication skills, able to work well with a smart, passionate and growing team
- Comfortable working in a dynamic business environment
- Experience writing SQL
- Familiarity with PostGIS or other geospatial technologies
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems to successful resolution and to take initiative to find solutions
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits including health, PTO, paid vacation and 401K with match. Compensation is negotiable and will be based on education and experience. RedZone Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies.
Please email your resume, cover letter and portfolio (if available) to email@example.com with the subject line “API Software Engineer”. Calls and faxes will not be accepted. We will contact you via email or phone to schedule an interview.