Director of Business Development
We’re hiring! We’re looking for a Director of Business Development to lead our team to expand our existing lines of business and identify paths for new development. We are a company that helps insurance companies and others understand wildfire risk and apply that information to their business decisions. We use data, modeling, and visualization to develop software and communicate wildfire risk to our customers in a way they can use it. In this role, you will be working with RedZone’s leadership team and our expanding base of customers to promote our solutions. You’ll need to understand the complex data and insurtech products, be deeply invested in understanding the needs of our customers, and work closely with us to make the products successful.
RedZone offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment for professionals with lots of opportunities to grow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including 100% paid health insurance for employees, 401k plan, PTO, and most importantly, an amazing team of people to work with.
We are looking for an engaged, technically savvy team member with a strong sales track record in insurance. This role will be responsible for organizing prospects, conducting initial discovery, identifying and nurturing qualified sales opportunities, and overseeing analytical trials. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance their skills and take their career to the next level!
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to maintain and manage deal flow
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop sales materials and campaigns to expand the sales pipeline
- Select and oversee sales efforts at conferences and events
- Meet with existing and potential partners to grow, maintain and leverage relationships
- Track, develop and maintain client leads utilizing HubSpot CRM
- Provide monthly and annual production activity to provide revenue estimates and business plan forecasts to leadership.
- Cultivate trusting relationships with customers and act as an advisor to help them solve business problems using our technology
- Oversee new and existing partnerships
- Ensure smooth onboarding of customers and maintain relationships with clients
- Meet monthly and annual sales goals and other established metrics by Leadership
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated success in a sales role
- Experience in Insurtech or related industry
- Interest and excitement around wildfire risk and an ability to communicate technical data clearly
- Articulate and professional, enthusiastic attitude and a focus on results are required
- Strong communication skills; ability to reach prospects creatively, position solution/products
- Excellent phone presence and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal, written and time management skills