Director of Software Engineering
RedZone is transforming the way that the insurance industry understands wildfire. Our company helps some of the world’s leading insurance and reinsurance companies to build strategies, model portfolio impact, set pricing, and track wildfires in real-time.
RedZone is seeking a Director of Software Engineering. As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for leading our talented and growing team of engineers and developers in all aspects of the design and delivery of our software platform. We are looking for a great leader and manager who enjoys the challenge of scaling teams that deliver cutting edge products and services to our growing list of global customers. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is a senior member of our Leadership Team.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong commitment to RedZone’s Core Values:
- Be An Instinctive Technologist
- Be Absolutely Reliable
- Have a Can-Do Attitude
- Serve the Greater Good
- Love Process
- Seek Continuous Improvement
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, design and manage the deployment of the RedZone software platform and environments
- Provide overall leadership of the software engineering team
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop the engineering team members in order to meet current and future talent requirements
- Collaborate with product management to develop and maintain technology and product roadmaps
- Lead analytical problem-solving activities, using proven methodologies to efficiently close technical issues
- Be a core member of the RedZone leadership team
- Strong desire to lead with passion and positivity
- Significant experience building server-based products and/or SaaS platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in a software engineering discipline
- Fluency in current software environments, languages, and methodologies, including cloud environments, databases, and security.
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Candidates must be based in our Boulder office
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or other continuous delivery applications
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems, and to develop and implement elegant solutions
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
This is a full-time position with benefits including health, bonus, PTO and 401k. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
RedZone Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies. Candidates must be able to work from our Boulder office.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Calls will not be accepted. Suitable candidates will be contacted via email or phone to schedule an interview.